This short and focussed course enables early-career researchers to use qualitative research methods to explore key questions on the Urban. Delivered by an expert in the subject, this course will include case studies, discussions and activities that will enable participants to
understand the various stages in the qualitative research process, exploring the following high-level questions:
- Why is qualitative research important in understanding different aspects of the Urban?
- What kind of research questions best lend themselves to different qualitative research methods?
- What are the various methods and practices in data collection and data analysis in qualitative research?
- What are the ethical challenges in conducting qualitative research?
- What are the practical challenges in data collection and data interpretation in qualitative research?
Young researchers working in academia or in the social sector
PhD scholars who want to develop a deep understanding of qualitative research
Master’s students who are interested in pursuing a research career
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the importance of qualitative research in exploring key urban questions
- Identify appropriate qualitative research methods for different research questions
- Use different data collection techniques in qualitative research
- Find practical solutions to various challenges in data collection in qualitative research
- Interpret qualitative data to extract meaningful interpretations and insights