Suriya Prakashathil Krishi1 : The Story Of Cochin Airport

Maitreyi Koduganti, Sheetal Patil, Chandni Singh | 2023


Cochin International Airport, operational since 1999, is the first greenfield airport under the public–private partnership model. The Kerala Government is a 35 per cent stakeholder, and the remaining 65 per cent is owned by approximately 18,000 shareholders2, mostly Non-Resident Indians (NRIs) from Kerala. The airport stands fourth in handling international traffic and seventh in the country in total traffic, having handled more than 10 million passengers in 2017–183. The airport is operated and managed by Cochin International Airport Limited (CIAL).