Senior Consultant – Academics & Research
smitra at iihs dot ac dot in
PhD (City and Regional Planning), Cornell University;
MRP, Cornell University;
M.Plan, B.Plan, School of Planning and Architecture
Sudeshna works on urban and regional economic development, particularly the political economy of land and real estate leveraging in public- private project negotiations. She has researched peri-urban land and livelihood issues, emerging from city level strategies to attract investments. She was previously a consultant with CBRE, and worked on highway projects, airports, industrial parks and Special Economic Zones. She has taught graduate students as Visiting Lecturer at Cornell University. She also taught Land Economics and co- taught studio projects at the School of Planning and Architecture.
- Mitra, S. (2017, Forthcoming). Land, economy and planning in the peripheries of mega- cities in India, In G. Bhan, S. Srinivas & V. Watson. (Eds.), The Routledge Companion to Planning in the Global South. New York: Routledge.
- Mitra, S. (2016, Forthcoming). Spatiality, governance and development imaginations of SEZs in India. In S. Vidyarthi, S. Mathur, & S. Agarwal (Eds.), Understanding India’s New Approach to Spatial Planning and Development: A Salient Shift? New Delhi, India: Oxford University Press.
- S. & Jha, D. (2016, Forthcoming) Land records modernization in India. The Administrator: Journal of LBSNAA.
- Mitra, S. (2016, July). Instructive instruments: land records modernization in urban India. Paper presented at the RC21 International Conference on The Transgressive City: Comparative Perspectives on Governance and the Possibilities of Everyday Life in the Emerging Global City, El Colegio De México, Mexico.
- Mitra, S. (2016, July). Periurban narratives of land value: from investments to compensation. Paper presented at the RC21 International Conference on The Transgressive City: Comparative Perspectives on Governance and the Possibilities of Everyday Life in the Emerging Global City, El Colegio De México, Mexico.
- Mitra, S. (2015). Anchoring transnational flows: hypermodern spaces in the global south. In F. Miraftab, & N. Kudva (Eds.), Cities of the Global South Reader (pp. 106-114). London: Routledge.
- Mitra, S. (2013). Cities of desire: remaking urban India for the information technology sector (Unpublished doctoral dissertation). Cornell University, Ithaca, NY.
- Mitra, S. (2007). Role of technology parks in regional economic development: case study, India (Unpublished master’s thesis). Cornell University, Ithaca, NY.
- Robinson, K. L., Mitra, S., Elekwachi, E., Enahoro, D., Mutambatsere, E., & Panyatrong, N. (2005). Glory foods. In Emerging Markets Case Studies Handbook (pp. 111-131). Ithaca, NY: Cornell University.
For more details, see Google Scholar profile.