Senior Consultant – Academics & Research
sanand at iihs dot ac dot in
MPA, Princeton University; MA (Mathematics), University of Cambridge; BA (Mathematics), St. Stephen’s College, University of Delhi
Shriya works on urban economics, urban form, economic geography and policy. She has studied the urban from a range of different perspectives – economic processes, sustainable land use practices and human rights.
Shriya worked at the Centre for Development Finance, the National Knowledge Commission, and provided advisory inputs for the High Power Expert Committee on financing infrastructure, chaired by Dr. Isher Ahluwalia. IDFC, SEWA, Development Innovations Group and UNDP are other clients she has worked with. Most recently, she worked with New Jersey Future in the US and was involved in a study of land rights in Cambodia.
Senior Scholar, Fitzwilliam College, Cambridge University; 1912 Scholarship for distinguished performance at Fitzwilliam College; Sanwa Bank Scholarship, St. Stephens’ College; P.L. Bhatnagar Memorial Prize for best student in Mathematics, St. Stephens’ College.
Urban Economy and Society, Land and Economic Development I, Built Form, Infrastructure and Sustainability.
- Anand, S., & Sami, N. (2016, July). Apples and oranges: inter-regional comparisons within India. Paper presented at the RC21 International Conference on The transgressive city: comparative perspectives on governance and the possibilities of everyday life in the emerging global city. Mexico: El Colegio De México.
- Sami, N., and Anand, S. (2016). Scaling up, scaling down: state rescaling along the Delhi-Mumbai industrial corridor. Economic & Political Weekly, 51(17), 50-58.
- Revi, A., Jana, A., Malladi, T., Anand, G., Anand, S., Bazaz, A., . . . Shah, S. (2015). Urban India 2015: Evidence. Bangalore: Indian Institute for Human Settlements.
- Balakrishnan, K., & Anand, S. (2015). Sub-cities of Bengaluru. Economic & Political Weekly, 50(22), 63-72.
- Revi, A., Jana, A., Malladi, T., Anand, G., Anand, S., Bazaz, A., Bhan, G., Raju J S, M., Koduganti, J., & Vishnu, M J. (2015). Urban India 2015: Evidence. Bangalore: Indian Institute for Human Settlements.
- Neha, S. & Shriya A. (2015, August). Manufacturing cities: industrial policy and urban planning in India. Paper presented at the RC21 International Conference on The ideal city: between myth and reality. Representations, policies, contradictions and challenges for tomorrow’s urban life, Urbino, Italy.
- Anand, S., & Wankhade, K. (2014). Understanding drivers of urban expansion: exploratory case studies of three Indian cities. UGEC Viewpoints, 10, 26-30.
- Anand, S., & Sami, N. (2014, August). Scaling up: land use and economic development in India’s urban corridors. Paper presented at the Association of Collegiate Schools of Planning 2014: Big Ideas, Global Impacts Conference, Philadelphia.
- Revi, A., Goswami, A., & Anand, S. (2013). India’s cultural and creative economy: new imaginations and emerging practices. In UNESCO’s Creative economy report 2013: widening local development pathways (pp. 68-79). Paris: UNESCO/UNDP.
- Anand, S., Anderson, J., Guttman, R., Lee, R., Mandelberg, M., Maurer, S., . . . Yang, M. (2011). Moving toward a monetary union and forecast-based monetary policy in East Africa. Princeton: Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs, Princeton University.
For more details, see Google Scholar profile.