Shobha Ananda Reddy
Senior Consultant – Urban Practitioners’ Programme
shobhar at iihs dot ac dot in
Ph.D in Environmental Science, Vinayaka Missions University, Salem, Tamil Nadu;
Master’s in Environmental Science, Bangalore University, Bengaluru;
M.Phil in Environmental Biotechnology, Bharathidasan University, Trichy, Tamil Nadu;
Master’s in Environmental Economics, DDE-Annamalai University, Tamil Nadu;
Bachelor’s in Environmental Science, Mount Carmel College, Bengaluru.
Environmental Science being the subject all through her academics, she has multidisciplinary interests and is highly versatile. Having Passion for teaching she served for 12 years in Mount Carmel College, one of the prestigious colleges of Bengaluru, teaching Environmental Science, Research Methodology and Biostatistics for Undergraduates and Post graduates. She served as Additional Director & HOD –Environment at MGIRED, where she was instrumental in supporting the Executive Director in successfully implementing novel initiatives such as Remote Village Electrification Programme, Rejuvenation and protection of Rachenalhalli lake, improving the quality and diversity of the training programmes set up a E-waste collection centre etc. She has over 45 publications in Journals, Magazines and Newspapers. Her areas of work include – Environmental Management, Sustainable Development, Solid waste management, Sustainable agriculture, Waste water management, Renewable Energy applications for Social Transformation, Sustainable water management, EIA, etc. She is accredited by National Accreditation Board for Education and Training, Quality Council of India, as Environmental Consultant for developmental projects. She served as a Research assistant in the Energy & Environment Programme at National Institute for Advanced Studies, IISc, for a short period. She has a strong inclination for Teaching, Research and Practice. Is the founder member of Jalmitra and TREND, volunteer groups working for environment and natural resource management.
- Sridhar, P., & Reddy, S. A. (2015). Roof top photovoltaic system at M.Chinnaswamy Stadium. MGIRED Journal, 2(1) 125-130.
- Sridhar, P., & Reddy, S. A. (2015). Wind energy unit at MGIRED. MGIRED Journal, 2(1) 76-77.
- Reddy, S. A., Prabha, S., Mythili, J., Sharma, B., & Kale, R. D. (2013). Diversity of earthworms in Mount Carmel College campus. Carmelight –The Multidisciplinary National Journal, 10(1), 133-136.
- Reddy, S. A., Bagyaraj, D. J., & Kale, R. D. (2012). Vermicompost as a biocontrol agent in suppression of two soil-borne plant pathogens in the field. Acta Biologica Indica, 1(2), 137-142.
- Reddy, S. A., Khale, R. D., & Bagyaraj, J. D. (2012). Eco-friendly management of plant pathogens: evolving methods for suppression of pathogens of solanaceous crops at field level. Germany: Lambert Academic Publishers.
- Farha, S., Chatterjee, E., Manuel, S. G., Reddy, S. A., & Kale, R. D. (2012). Isolation and characterization of bioactive compounds from fruit wastes. Dynamic Biochemistry, Process Biotechnology Molecular Biology, 6, 92-94.
- Usha E., Reddy, S. A., Manuel, S. G. A., & Kale, R. D. (2012). In-vitro control of fusarium oxysporum by aspergillus sp and trichoderma sp isolated from vermicompost, Journal of Bioinnovations, 5, 42-147.
- Reddy, S. A., Bagyaraj, D. J., & Kale, R. D. (2012). Management of tomato bacterial spat caused by Xanthomonas Campestris using vermicompost. Journal of Biopesticides, 5(1). 10-13.
- Reddy, S. A., Akila, S., & Kale, R. D. (2012). Management of secondary sewage sludge by vermicomposting for use as soil amendment, Global Journal of Biotechnology and Biochemistry, 7 (1), 13-18.
- Tasneem, F., Hubert, D., Williams, D. G., Katageri, N. V., Reddy, S. A., Manuel, S. G. A., & Kale, R. D. (2012). Recycling of kitchen waste water through root zone treatment. Carmelight, 9(1), 27-34.
For more details, see Google Scholar profile.