Sathish has more than 15 years of experience in the IT, ITES and Urban Capacity Development sectors. As Director, Learning and Organisational Development at 24/7 Inc, he was responsible for the Learning Lifecycle Management of more than 3000 employees working in different centres across the country for more than 25 Clients. As CEO of Spatial Data Pvt Ltd (Spinfo) he was responsible for overall management and performance of the organisation. He led large projects in GIS Software and Database development and worked with Government, Corporate, Academic and NGO sectors. Spinfo also developed products for the home desktop segment.
At IIHS, Sathish is responsible for the Urban Practitioners’ Programme. In this capacity, he is working on capacity development programmes in partnership with the Ministry of Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation (HUPA), State Institute for Urban Development (SIUD) Mysore, UNDP and HUDCO,
His expertise lies in Leadership Development, Capacity Development for Working Professionals, and GIS. He is interested in the study of Vedic Sciences and is looking forward to contributing to the development of the Core Curriculum for Urban Practitioners at IIHS.
Institute Silver Medal, IIT Kharagpur (1996).
Creative and Performing Arts Fellowship at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champagn (1997, 1998).
Living the 24/7 Values Award at 24/7 Inc (2011).
Project Management, Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Skill Labs, Immersion Visits (in-country and international).
- Selvakumar, S. (2016, March). Developing, customizing and rolling out orientation module for officials from Odisha. Paper presented at the National Workshop on Capacity Building for Urban Missions, Ministry of Urban development, New Delhi, India.
- Ghanekar, A., Jariwala, P., Selvakumar, S., & Desai, V. (2015, August). Enablers of multi-stakeholder collaborations that facilitate urban climate change resilience: experience from Surat, India. Paper presented at the Tenth Annual International Conference on Public Policy and Management, Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore, Karnataka.
- Jariwala, P., Selvakumar, S., Ghanekar, A., & Desai, V. (2015, August). Transformation of health systems and governance: case of Surat City, Gujarat. Paper presented at the Tenth Annual International Conference on Public Policy and Management, Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore, Karnataka.
- Woiwode, C., & Selvakumar, S. (2014, February). Urbanization, planning and spirituality for a sustainable world. Paper presented at the 8th All India Students’ Conference on Science and Spiritual Quest, IIT BHU, Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh.
- Sreeshaila, G., & Selvakumar, S. (2010, December 02). The garden city blooms…. with GIS projects. Geospatial World.
- Shankar, K.N., & Selvakumar, S. (2009, September 01). Spinfo health map: a health GIS Application. Geospatial World.
- Selvakumar, S., & George, V. (1997). Visualization and communicating ideas about urban experiences. Paper presented at Data Visualization, 1997 and Conference of the American Planning Association, 1998.
For more details, see Google Scholar profile.