K V Santhosh Ragavan
Senior Specialist – Engineering, Planning and Implementation Support
santhoshkv at iihs dot ac dot in
M.S in Environmental Health from Cyprus International Institute – Harvard School of Public Health in Nicosia, Cyprus.
B.E in Environmental Engineering from S.J. College of Engineering, University of Mysore, India.
Santhosh Ragavan has experience and interests in integrated management for sustainable development focusing on water, wastewater, waste, sanitation, air pollution, health and energy. He has developed and implemented waste treatment systems for municipal, industrial, and agricultural waste. Santhosh has worked on water & sanitation, indoor air pollution and health, ambient air pollution and health, energy & water demand-side management in agricultural sector and environmental assessment industries. Santhosh has Masters’ degree in Environmental Health.
Padmashree School of Public Health, Bangalore – Taught ‘Environmental health’ subject for three consecutive terms between 2010 and 2012 for the MPH programme.
- Rajarathnam, U., Athalye, V., Ragavan, S., Maithel, S., Lalchandani, D., Kumar, S., … & Bond, T. (2014). Assessment of air pollutant emissions from brick kilns. Atmospheric Environment, 98, 549-553.
- Weyant, C., Athalye, V., Ragavan, S., Rajarathnam, U., Lalchandani, D., Maithel, S., … & Bond, T. C. (2014). Emissions from South Asian brick production. Environmental Science & Technology, 48(11), 6477-6483. doi: 1021/es500186g
- Maithel, S., Lalchandani, D., Malhotra, G., Bhanware, P., Uma, R., Ragavan, S., & Athalye, V. (2012). Brick Kilns Performance Assessment: A Roadmap for Cleaner Brick Production in India. New Delhi: Shakti Sustainable Energy Foundation and Climate Works Foundation.
- Sabapathy, A., Ragavan, S., & Saksena, S. (2012). An assessment of two-wheeler CO and PM10 exposures along arterial main roads in Bangalore city, India. Open Atmospheric Science Journal, 6(1), 71-77.
- Weyant, C., Athalye, V., Ragavan, S., Rajarathnam, U., Kr, B., Lalchandani, D., … & Phuong, N. (2012, December). Aerosol Radiative Forcing Estimates from South Asian Clay Brick Production Based on Direct Emission Measurements. In AGU Fall Meeting 2012 Abstracts (#A51B-0038). Washington, DC: American Geophysical Union.
- Rajarathnam, U., Sehgal, M., Nairy, S., Patnayak, R. C., Chhabra, S. K., & Ragavan, S. (2011). Time-series study on air pollution and mortality in Delhi. Research Report (Health Effects Institute), (157), 47-74.
- Sabapathy, A., Ragavan, S., Vijendra, M., & Nataraja, A. G. (2010). Energy efficiency benchmarks and the performance of LEED rated buildings for Information Technology facilities in Bangalore, India. Energy and Buildings, 42(11), 2206-2212.
For more details, see Google Scholar profile.