At IIHS, Ritwika is part of the ongoing “Collaborative Adaptation Research Initiative in Africa and Asia (CARIAA)”, a climate change and adaptation project, focused on select semi – arid transects of the Indian peninsular region. She’s looking at differential vulnerability across scales; city to sub-regional to National. She is also exploring the co-benefits approach to Climate change, looking at mitigation-adaptation nexus and working on governance aspects of climate change.
Prior to Joining IIHS, she worked with PAC (IDRC think tank), where she worked on projects exploring the governance dimensions of climate change and other key urban environmental. Her master’s thesis project at IFP Pondicherry, assessed the economic and conservation potential of native trees in human dominated landscapes (CAFs) of Western Ghats, supported by Ruffords Small Grants Foundation.
Her previous associations with WWF, BNHS and IFP have inculcated in her, a deep curiosity to study people’s lives in complex socio-ecological systems challenged by dynamic global changes.
- Singh, C., Deshpande, T., & Basu, R. (2017). How do we assess vulnerability to climate change in India? A systematic review of literature. Regional Environmental Change, 17(2), 527-538.
- Revi, A., Gajjar, S. P., Bazaz, A., Jain, G. & Basu, R. (2016).Bangalore, India. In S. Bartlett, & D. Satterthwaite (Eds.), Cities on a finite planet: towards transformative responses to climate change (pp. 41-62). New York: Routledge.
- Singh, C., Basu, R., & Srinivas, A. (2016). Livelihood vulnerability and adaptation in Kolar district, Karnataka, India: mapping risks and responses. Short Report. Cape Town: ASSAR.
- Basu, R., & Bazaz, A. (2016). Assessing climate change risks and contextual vulnerability in urban areas of semi-arid India: the case of Bangalore. (CARIAA Working Paper 3). Ottawa, Canada: International Development Research Centre.
- Poonacha, P., Solomon, D., Bendapudi, R., Rahman, A., Basu, R., Badiger, S. (2015). Risks, vulnerability and impacts. In A. Revi, A. Bazaz, J. Krishnaswamy, R. Bendapudi, M. D’Souza, & Gajjar, S. P. (Eds.), Vulnerability and Adaptation to Climate Change in Semi-Arid Areas in India. (ASSAR Working Paper). Cape Town, S.A.: ASSAR PMU.
For more details, see Google Scholar profile.