Senior Associate Librarian
pbalaji at iihs dot ac dot in
MLIS, Bharathidasan University ; B.Sc (Botany), Manonmaniam Sundaranar University.
At IIHS, Preedip is responsible for setting up the library and initiating information services for the IIHS academic and research community. This involves providing reference services, initiatives of knowledge dissemination and information resources management.
Preedip has over six years of work experience in library and information science practice and research. He was a Senior Research Fellow leading to PhD programme at Documentation Research & Training Centre, Indian Statistical Institute, Bangalore where he joined in 2010. Prior to this, he was associated with IKP Knowledge Park and Indian School of Business, Hyderabad for 3 years.
UGC – Junior Research Fellowship Award in December 2009.
Goethe-Institute/Max Mueller Bhavan India Scholarship Award in May 2011.
- Kumar, V., & Balaji, P. (2017, Forthcoming). Risks in the cloud. In A.K. Chakraborthy, S.R. Choudhary, & S.R. Maji (Eds.), Information management in the cloud environment: application and ethical issues. Cambridge, UK: Chandos Publishing.
- Kulkarni, S., Dhanamjaya, M., & Balaji, P. B. (2017). Do literature festival promote reading and public libraries? A survey. Library Hi Tech News, 34(2), 13-15.
- Balaji, P., Vinay, M. S., & Raju, J. S. M.(2016, August 12). How can India spread the joy of reading to all? Scroll.in.
- Madalli, D. P., Balaji, P., & Sarangi, A. K. (2015). Faceted ontological representation for a music domain. Knowledge Organization, (42)1, 8-24.
- Madalli, D. P., Balaji, P., & Sarangi, A.K. (2014). Music domain analysis for building faceted ontological representation. In W. Babik (Ed.), Knowledge organization in the 21st century: between historical patterns and future prospects (pp. 289-296). Würzburg: Ergon-Verlag GmbH.
- Balaji, P., & Krishnamurthy, M. (2013). Library automation to resource discovery: a review of emerging challenges. The Electronic Library, 31(4), 433-451.
- Balaji, P., Kumar, K. S., Shewale, N. A., & Singh, A. K. (2012). Rationale of institutional repository categories and IR development challenges in India. Library Review, 61(6), 394-417.
- Balaji, P., Sarangi, A. K., & Madalli, D. P. (2012, July). Knowledge Organization Systems for Semantic Digital Libraries.Paper presented at the International Conference on Trends in Knowledge and Information Dynamics, Bangalore, India.
- Shewale, N.A., Balaji, P., & Shewale, M. (2012). Open content: an inference for developing an open information field. In T. Ashraf & P. A. Gulati (Eds.), Design, Development and Management of Resource for Digital Library Services (pp. 119-135). Hershey, PA: IGI Global.
- Balaji, P. (2012).Culture, libraries and information services at the intersection of development in India: propelling growth in 21st In A. Spink & D. Singh. Library and Information Science Trends and Research: Asia-Oceania (pp. 93-123). Bingley, U.K.: Emerald Group Publishing Limited.
For more details, see Google Scholar profile.