Senior Specialist TNUSSP
nchakraborti at iihs dot ac dot in
Masters of Population Sciences, International Institute for Population Sciences, Deonar, Mumbai;
MSc, Sikkim Manipal University;
BSc, University of North Bengal
Niladri Chakraborti is a development professional with more than 12 years of hands on experience in the domain of WASH and public health. His functional areas have been water quality surveillance and monitoring, water treatment plant installation for combating arsenic, fluoride, salinity iron etc., periodic sanitary survey of drinking water sources, promotion of low cast toilet with basket of choice for the beneficiaries, fostering sanitation as business model through women SHGs, application of CLTS for community demand generation in collaboration with SBM, facilitation of development of WSHG/ cooperative owned and operated sani-mart to address poor sanitation supply chain management and School WASH. Along with WASH Niladri successfully forayed in the domain of public health with functional areas viz. National Disease Control Program, facilitation of program implementation plan development for the states of Sikkim and Bihar under National Rural Health Mission (2008-2009), Bio-medical waste management in primary health centres in state of Tripura and Odisha, Intervention of urban health program in Bhubaneswar and scaled up the same in Rourkela and Cuttack City.
- Chakraborti, N. (2017, May 12). Is your child’s shit affecting your health? Tamilnadusanitationmission.
- Satapathy, B. K., & Chakraborti, N. (2015). Sanitary survey of public drinking water sources: a study conducted in slums of Bhubaneswar, Odisha. New Delhi: Population Foundation of India.
- Chakraborti, N. (2014, December). Implications of climate change on urban water system. Paper presented at the State Level Seminar on Global warming: An Alarming Question for Future Survival at Odapada Panchayat Samiti Mahavidyalaya, Dhenkanal, Odisha.
- Chakraborti, N. (2014). Trade off between coverage and safety of piped water supply in urban slums: evidence from Bhubaneswar city. Unpublished manuscript, Utkal University.
- Chakraborti, N. (2013). Knowledge attitude and practice survey on water, sanitation and hygiene at Kandi, Murshidabad (Unpublished master’s thesis). International Institute for Population Sciences, Mumbai.
For more details, see Google Scholar profile.