Senior Consultant – Practice
ganand at iihs dot ac dot in
MSc (Social Policy and Development) London School of Economics, UK; BPlan, School of Planning and Architecture, Delhi
Geetika is currently studying Integrated Urban Water Management and inclusion of sustainability concerns in public programmes like JNNURM. She has taught as a visiting faculty in School of Planning and Architecture, Delhi.
Geetika has experience of working with a diverse set of agencies including the government, education institutions, NGOs, CBOs, and private sector. She has worked on a number of planning and development projects including preparation of Master Plans and City Development Plans, Rural Habitat Policy and Rural Tourism Plans. Her current work involves supporting the Bangalore Development Authority with the preparation of RfP and setting up a GIS cell for the next Master Plan.
Recipient of P. J. D. Wiles Scholarship at the London School of Economics
Built Form, Infrastructure and Sustainability, Integrated Practica, Integrated Urban Water Management
- Anand, G., Wankhade, K., Raman, R. K., Deb, A., & Vishnu, M. J. (2016). Tracing exclusions in urban water supply and sanitation. InIndia Exclusion Report 2015 (pp. 67-106). New Delhi: Yoda Press.
- Simon, D., Arfvidsson, H., Anand, G., Bazaz, A., Fenna, G., Foster, K., . . . Moodley, N. (2016).Developing and testing the urban sustainable development goal’s targets and indicators–a five-city study. Environment and Urbanization, 28(1), 49-63.
- Revi, A., Jana, A., Malladi, T., Anand, G., Anand, S., Bazaz, A., . . . Shah, S. (2015).Urban India 2015: Evidence. Bangalore: Indian Institute for Human Settlements.
- Wankhade, K., & Anand, G. (2014, September).Sustainable urban water and sanitation in India: review of a national programme. Paper presented at the 37th WEDC International Conference on the Sustainable Water and Sanitation Services for All in a Fast Changing World, Water, Engineering and Development Centre, Hanoi, Vietnam.
- Bhan, G., Anand, G., Arakali, A., Deb, A., & Harish, S. (2014).Urban housing and exclusion. In India Exclusion Report 2013-14 (pp. 77-107). Bangalore: Books for Change.
- Bhan, G., Anand, G., & Harish, S. (2014).Policy approaches to affordable housing in urban India: problems and possibilities (IIHS-RF paper on housing). Bangalore: Indian Institute for Human Settlements.
- Revi, A., Idicheria, C., Jain, G., Anand, G., Sudhira, H., Seddon, J., . . . Srinivasan, S. (2011).Urban India 2011: Evidence. Bangalore: Indian Institute for Human Settlements.
- Anand, G. (2005, October). Jeevapoorna: empowering women masons.Development Alternatives Newsletter.
For more details, see Google Scholar profile.