Associate – Academics & Research
adeb at iihs dot ac dot in
M.A. Habitat Policy & Practice, Tata Institute of Social Sciences; B.A. (Hons) History, Sri Venkateswara College, Delhi University
Anushree has interned at the Centre for Policy Research wherein she undertook a comparative analysis of the ‘Gramin Sewa Transport Scheme’ scheme as against the existing transport services with respect to transportation planning in Delhi. Her master’s dissertation at TISS was on the challenges of preserving built heritage in Mumbai, which analyzed the context for preservation policies within the larger framework of city planning. At IIHS, Anushree works across affordable housing, heritage conservation and water and sanitation. She has co-authored a chapter titled “Urban Housing and Exclusion” published in the India Exclusion Report, 2014. Anushree also creates teaching content for capacity building programmes around heritage planning and affordable housing.
Living Urban Heritage: Socio-Economic Aspects of Heritage
- Bhan, G., & Deb, A. (2017). Indispensable yet inaccessible: the paradoxes of adequate housing in urban India. In K. Kannabiran & A. Hans (Eds.), India Social Development Report 2016: Disability Rights Perspectives (pp. 229-238). New Delhi: Oxford University Press.
- Deb, A., Anand, G., Wankhade, K., Raman, R., & Vishnu, M. J. (2016). Tracing exclusions in urban water supply and sanitation. In India exclusion report (pp. 67-106). New Delhi: Yoda Press.
- Deb, A. (2016). Viability of public private partnership in building affordable housing in India. Shelter, 17(1), 40-46.
- Deb, A., Bhan, G., Anand, G., Arakali, A. & Harish, S. (2014). Urban housing and exclusion. In India exclusion report (pp. 77-107). Bangalore: Books for Change.
- Deb, A., Jain, G., & Jigyasu, R. (2013). Socio-economics of urban heritage in India (IIHS position paper). Bangalore: Indian Institute for Human Settlements.
For more details, see Google Scholar profile.