Amir Bashir Bazaz
Senior Consultant – Practice
abazaz at iihs dot ac dot in
PhD, IIM Ahmedabad; BE (Hons.) – Electrical Engineering, IIT Roorkee
Amir works on issues at the intersection of economics, climate change mitigation and sustainable development. He has substantial experience of working with various top-down & bottom-up economy- energy-environment modeling frameworks/architectures. His current research interests are low carbon societies/infrastructure, climate change adaptation, urban-climate change linkages.
Amir started his career in the manufacturing industry, working across functional responsibilities of projects, production planning/control and engineering. He had been the Expert Consultant to the Ministry of Environment & Forests, Government of India for the National Communication to the UNFCCC project. He has taught courses in Development & Environmental Economics during his academic engagements.
Development Economics, Environmental Economics, Economics of Climate Change, Energy & Environment Policy, Public Systems/Policy.
- Revi, A., Gajjar, S. P., Bazaz, A., Jain, G., & Basu, R. (2016). Bangalore, India. In S. Bartlett, & D. Satterthwaite (Eds.), Cities on a finite planet: towards transformative responses to climate change (pp. 41-62). New York: Routledge.
- Jain, G., Bazaz, A., Jigyasu, R., Malladi, T., Balasubramanian, A., Ramoji, S., . . . Raju, J. S. M. (2016). Reducing relocation risk in urban India: a diagnostic. Bangalore: Indian Institute for Human Settlements.
- Simon, D., Arfvidsson, H., Anand, G., Bazaz, A., Fenna, G., Foster, K., . . . Moodley, N. (2016). Developing and testing the urban Sustainable development goal’s targets and indicators–a five-city study. Environment and Urbanization, 28(1), 49-63.
- Revi, A., Jana, A., Malladi, T., Anand, G., Anand, S., Bazaz, A., . . . Shah, S. (2015). Urban India 2015: Evidence. Bangalore: Indian Institute for Human Settlements.
- Johansson, D. J., Lucas, P. L., Weitzel, M., Ahlgren, E. O., Bazaz, A., Chen, W., . . . Liang, Q.-M. (2015). Multi-model comparison of the economic and energy implications for China and India in an international climate regime. Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change, 20(8), 1335-1359.
- Revi, A., Bazaz, A., Krishnaswamy, J., Bendapudi, R., Souza, M. D., & Gajjar, S. P. (2015). Vulnerability and adaptation to climate change in semi-arid areas in India (ASSAR Working Paper). Cape Town, S.A: ASSAR PMU, University of Cape Town.
- Bazaz, A. B., & Seksaria, V. (2014). (De)constructing India’s and China’s energy and climate change policy choices: interfaces of co-operation. Procedia-Social and Behavioral Sciences, 157, 322-329.
- Johansson, D. J., Lucas, P. L., Weitzel, M., Ahlgren, E. O., Bazaz, A., Chen, W., . . . Liang, Q-M. (2012). Multi-model analyses of the economic and energy implications for China and India in a post-Kyoto climate regime (Working Paper. 1808). Germany: Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- Sharma, S. K., & Bazaz, A. B. (2012). Sustainable management of biodiversity in the context of climate change-issues, challenges and response. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, India Section B: Biological Sciences, 82(2), 251-260.
- Mathur, N., & Bazaz, A. (2010). Democratic governance through collaborative design: a case study of urban community based partnership in Ahmedabad. In G. Ramesh, V. Nagadevara, G. Naik, & A. B. Suraj (Eds.), Public Private Partnerships in Urban Governance in India. New Delhi: Routledge.
For more details, see Google Scholar profile.